Gas Reactor Column (GRC)
The world's leading system for safe 'point of use' gas abatement
Edwards Gas Reactor Column (GRC)
Specifically designed to safely remove hazardous gases from vacuum pump exhausts on semiconductor processes.
The GRC is a unique hot bed reactor that chemically destroys toxic gases. It treats the widest range and mixture of gases in one system without creating new effluent disposable problems. A proprietary mixture of inorganic granules is held within a welded stainless steel cartridge. This is maintained at an elevated temperature by insertion in a tubular electrical heater. Hazardous exhaust gases passing into the cartridge are chemically reacted to completion and converted into insert stable inorganic salts.
- DRY system, can be connected directly to vacuum pump exhaust
- No risk of backstreaming moisture
- No problems with desorption of toxic gases
- Complete chemical conversion of gases into inert stable salts
- No toxic solid or liquid wastes for disposal
- Used cartridges certified as non hazardous waste
- Used cartridges can also be recycled giving zero waste
- Cartridge changing is easy and hazard free
- No fuel and flames with the associated risk of producing toxic by-products
- Minimum service connections required Inlet pipe work can be maintained at 120 degree celcius to reduce solids deposition